12-year old Michael Messenger died Thursday morning due to “flu-like symptoms.” He left behind a little sister.
Michael’s mom, Jessica Decent-Doll, told The Times Herald, “Don’t wait, it’s all I can say. This flu or whatever is going around this year is unbelievably dangerous.”
Here are the facts that we know:
- The child’s first symptoms arose on Tuesday, Jan. 9th. He vomited while eating dinner.
- On Wednesday evening, he was taken to urgent care and given anti-nausea medication. “The doctor said to keep an eye on him and keep giving him fluids,” his mom stated.
- On Thursday morning just after 9 AM, Michael was found “barely responsive” by his dad. “I ran upstairs and I sat with him and I tried to get him to respond to me, but there was no response, nothing,” his mom said. 911 was called to the scene.
- An hour and a half later he was pronounced dead.
- Michael was the recipient of a flu shot back in December.
- A gofundme was set up in his name.
“The boy never stopped, ever. He loved science. He loved his family,” his mom said of Michael.
More and more, reports of deaths from “flu-like symptoms” seem to stem from post-Urgent Care treatments. Additionally, it seems the definition of “flu-like symptoms” has conveniently expanded.
Your Donation Helps Us Fight Censorship And Remain Ad-Free
Help Us Fight
Join Dr. Tenpenny's Free Subscriber List - Get Free eBook